Fishing Stage - Fishing Forum
Supper
Page: 1 2 3 next>>
Oct 15, 2020 19:28:07   #
Gordon Loc: Charleston South Carolina
 
Wife fried up some vermillion snapper, hush puppies and okra tonight. Best part is she could not eat all hers. I'm full now



| Reply
Oct 15, 2020 19:30:33   #
Robert J Samples Loc: Houston TX
 
Wow! it looks terrific, and I'm about an hour away from dinner here. I wish there was some way to shoot a dish you have left over to me. Just Sayin...RJS

| Reply
Oct 15, 2020 19:30:51   #
Huntm22 Loc: Northern Utah. - West Haven
 
You are so mean Gordon! All I got was fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, with tater salad and a turkey steak. Would do fresh fish any day!

| Reply
Oct 15, 2020 19:39:09   #
Gordon Loc: Charleston South Carolina
 
Huntm22 wrote:
You are so mean Gordon! All I got was fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, with tater salad and a turkey steak. Would do fresh fish any day!


I'd trade you any day. I don't get fresh veggies every day. Its funny we have what others want and they have what we would like to have. LOL

| Reply
Oct 15, 2020 19:46:55   #
Robert J Samples Loc: Houston TX
 
I don't care! I won't argue over veggies and fried Okra, I'm starvin. Just Sayin...RJS

| Reply
Oct 15, 2020 20:04:44   #
Gordon Loc: Charleston South Carolina
 
Robert J Samples wrote:
I don't care! I won't argue over veggies and fried Okra, I'm starvin. Just Sayin...RJS



| Reply
Oct 15, 2020 20:06:40   #
Huntm22 Loc: Northern Utah. - West Haven
 
Gordon wrote:
I'd trade you any day. I don't get fresh veggies every day. Its funny we have what others want and they have what we would like to have. LOL


It is suppose to freeze in the next couple days. Our large tomatoes are just coming on - not ripe yet. Was a strange year and replanted 3 times. Our small SunSugars I have picked between 150 & 200 every day for 5 days now as they are ripening way to fast ‘finally’. Only have one plant but it is about 6ft in diameter and 6 ft tall. Must be the fish that were burried beneath them. 😂 Must still be 1000 or more in all stages from buds to ready to pick. Will cover them and see how long they will last. They neighbors are sure enjoying them! Had to pick the large tomatoes and bring in the house to get them to ripen. One more zucchini on the plant and its done. The butternut and crookneck I picked the last of them and put in the root cellar. Only got a dozen spaghetti squash and 8 sweetmeat squash. Taters are dug Yukon Golds, Yukon Reds, and of course Idaho Russets. One or two more cukes and they are done. Sure gonna miss the garden. If you were closer you would be sharing in the harvest all summer. Take care buddy.

| Reply
Oct 15, 2020 20:30:08   #
Gordon Loc: Charleston South Carolina
 
Huntm22 wrote:
It is suppose to freeze in the next couple days. Our large tomatoes are just coming on - not ripe yet. Was a strange year and replanted 3 times. Our small SunSugars I have picked between 150 & 200 every day for 5 days now as they are ripening way to fast ‘finally’. Only have one plant but it is about 6ft in diameter and 6 ft tall. Must be the fish that were burried beneath them. 😂 Must still be 1000 or more in all stages from buds to ready to pick. Will cover them and see how long they will last. They neighbors are sure enjoying them! Had to pick the large tomatoes and bring in the house to get them to ripen. One more zucchini on the plant and its done. The butternut and crookneck I picked the last of them and put in the root cellar. Only got a dozen spaghetti squash and 8 sweetmeat squash. Taters are dug Yukon Golds, Yukon Reds, and of course Idaho Russets. One or two more cukes and they are done. Sure gonna miss the garden. If you were closer you would be sharing in the harvest all summer. Take care buddy.
It is suppose to freeze in the next couple days. O... (show quote)


When I cover mine I put a 5 gal bucket of water and put a fish aquarium heater in the water. Helps for me.

| Reply
Oct 15, 2020 20:36:58   #
dbed Loc: Brock, Nebraska southeast Ne.
 
All I had was a hot dog and Mac and cheese. My fault didn't catch any fish to eat all left in garden is green tomatoes freeze coming probably make relish out of them

| Reply
Oct 15, 2020 20:37:24   #
Huntm22 Loc: Northern Utah. - West Haven
 
Gordon wrote:
When I cover mine I put a 5 gal bucket of water and put a fish aquarium heater in the water. Helps for me.


I run a heat lamp cause I have them from raising calves on the farm. They wont last too long cause waterfowl hunting season takes priority🤪🤪

| Reply
Oct 15, 2020 21:37:00   #
Flytier Loc: Wilmington Delaware
 
I picked the last of my ripe tomatoes today, dozen or so. Rabbits ate my last plant of green beans. Still have four kinds of peppers, some egg plant and a late crop of lettuce. Still have to finish picking the stuff in the herb garden too.

| Reply
Oct 15, 2020 21:41:54   #
Gordon Loc: Charleston South Carolina
 
Flytier wrote:
I picked the last of my ripe tomatoes today, dozen or so. Rabbits ate my last plant of green beans. Still have four kinds of peppers, some egg plant and a late crop of lettuce. Still have to finish picking the stuff in the herb garden too.


No vegetables but one orange tree with over 200 on it one Meyers Lemon with about 200. Got 245 last year. Wife cans lemon juice. Didnt know you could do that.

| Reply
Oct 15, 2020 21:54:41   #
Huntm22 Loc: Northern Utah. - West Haven
 
Gordon wrote:
No vegetables but one orange tree with over 200 on it one Meyers Lemon with about 200. Got 245 last year. Wife cans lemon juice. Didnt know you could do that.


Sounds good. My aunt from Cali before she passed used to do that with her lemons and also squeezed and froze orange juice. Would bring us some for Thanksgiving when they came up. Sure do miss that. We would send them home with elk and venison.

| Reply
Oct 15, 2020 21:56:59   #
Robert J Samples Loc: Houston TX
 
Yes, I have frozen both ruby red grapefruit and orange juice. Just sayin...RJS

| Reply
Oct 15, 2020 22:30:10   #
Gordon Loc: Charleston South Carolina
 
Robert J Samples wrote:
Yes, I have frozen both ruby red grapefruit and orange juice. Just sayin...RJS


Robert, love that grapefruit. Had one but the freeze 2 years ago kiled it. This is the first year we got this many oranges . I'll try freezing some. Thanks for that idea.

| Reply
Page: 1 2 3 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
FishingStage.com - Forum
Copyright 2018-2020 IDF International Technologies, Inc.