Fishing Stage
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
General Chit-Chat (non-fishing talk)
Horse meat anyone????
Page 1 of 7 next> last>>
Jul 20, 2023 12:34:15   #
Mauwehu Loc: Norwalk Ct
 
Maybe some one out there can enlighten me about this. I never knew it was a mainstream choice.





Reply
Jul 20, 2023 12:55:15   #
DCGravity Loc: Fairfax, VA (by way of Cleveland OH)
 
The Jerry Lewis ad doesn't specify horsemeat, but lists the mystery meat as "other, " which is a bit concerning! And horsemeat isn't kosher anyway. Maybe Dickman's processes other meats as well. I've had it; strong flavor and really chewy! Let's just say I wouldn't go out if my way to try it again!

Reply
Jul 20, 2023 13:16:27   #
Still above water Loc: San Francisco ca
 
Mauwehu wrote:
Maybe some one out there can enlighten me about this. I never knew it was a mainstream choice.


Interesting topic. Iโ€™m in Italy right now and horse meat is very common here. When the menu denotes meat one needs to ask what type of meat that they are referring to. Unless it states Florentine steak there is a chance that it can be horse meat!

Reply
 
 
Jul 20, 2023 13:25:49   #
OJdidit Loc: Oak Creek Wisconsin
 
Loaded with win, place and show was clue enough for me ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜œ

Reply
Jul 20, 2023 13:44:49   #
flyguy Loc: Lake Onalaska, Sunfish Capitol of the World!
 
Mauwehu wrote:
Maybe some one out there can enlighten me about this. I never knew it was a mainstream choice.


I'll pass!!!! Thanks, anyway.

Reply
Jul 20, 2023 14:32:10   #
Mauwehu Loc: Norwalk Ct
 
DCGravity wrote:
The Jerry Lewis ad doesn't specify horsemeat, but lists the mystery meat as "other, " which is a bit concerning! And horsemeat isn't kosher anyway. Maybe Dickman's processes other meats as well. I've had it; strong flavor and really chewy! Let's just say I wouldn't go out if my way to try it again!


There is a cute cartoon horse in the picture.

Reply
Jul 20, 2023 14:33:20   #
Mauwehu Loc: Norwalk Ct
 
Still above water wrote:
Interesting topic. Iโ€™m in Italy right now and horse meat is very common here. When the menu denotes meat one needs to ask what type of meat that they are referring to. Unless it states Florentine steak there is a chance that it can be horse meat!


Burger King was cited for it in England. Euro delicacy or staple?

Reply
 
 
Jul 20, 2023 14:33:45   #
Mauwehu Loc: Norwalk Ct
 
OJdidit wrote:
Loaded with win, place and show was clue enough for me ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜œ


Absolutely!

Reply
Jul 20, 2023 14:34:42   #
Mauwehu Loc: Norwalk Ct
 
flyguy wrote:
I'll pass!!!! Thanks, anyway.


If youโ€™re passing maybe youโ€™ll win place or show!๐Ÿ˜

Reply
Jul 20, 2023 14:44:16   #
ranger632 Loc: Near Yosemite Park Ca.
 
OJdidit wrote:
Loaded with win, place and show was clue enough for me ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜œ



Reply
Jul 20, 2023 14:46:14   #
Mauwehu Loc: Norwalk Ct
 
ranger632 wrote:


Thatโ€™s funny! Reminds me of Silence of the Lambs

Reply
 
 
Jul 20, 2023 14:48:21   #
ranger632 Loc: Near Yosemite Park Ca.
 
flyguy wrote:
I'll pass!!!! Thanks, anyway.



Hey my Dad used to tell us boys when we didn't want to eat something that if we got hungry enough would eat the a*# of a skunk and be glad to have it. Never been that hungry yet Leo.

Reply
Jul 20, 2023 15:10:08   #
DCGravity Loc: Fairfax, VA (by way of Cleveland OH)
 
Mauwehu wrote:
There is a cute cartoon horse in the picture.


Oh right! These old eyes are going to heck.

Reply
Jul 20, 2023 15:36:15   #
flyguy Loc: Lake Onalaska, Sunfish Capitol of the World!
 
ranger632 wrote:
Hey my Dad used to tell us boys when we didn't want to eat something that if we got hungry enough would eat the a*# of a skunk and be glad to have it. Never been that hungry yet Leo.


Oh,,,,,,, I was pretty hungry when I cutting weight for wrestling in college. I used to dream about eating a grapefruit, and I don't even like to eat grapefruit.

Reply
Jul 20, 2023 15:43:16   #
Jeremy Loc: America
 
Mauwehu wrote:
Maybe some one out there can enlighten me about this. I never knew it was a mainstream choice.


Good post. If read the Jerry Lewis article including the fine print it states that they can be found in the ANIMAL MEATS section of the store. When you see the pork and beef look in the OTHER MEATS near it.

When you go to the grocery store ( including all pictures of old grocery stores ) I have always just seen MEATS. It was was available at specialty meats stores. Local Meat cutter type places is my first guess.

Reply
Page 1 of 7 next> last>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
General Chit-Chat (non-fishing talk)
FishingStage.com
Copyright 2018-2024 IDF International Technologies, Inc.