Fishing Stage
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Main
Got out for a bit
Pennsylvania Fishing
Page 1 of 2 next>
Jul 10, 2024 19:47:15   #
bknecht Loc: Northeast pa
 
Pretty hot and sticky but felt the need for a few tugs. Caught a few smallish crappies in the 7-9” range, a few bass and some (what I consider) bull gills. Any over 9.25” get my attention. Had a fun time.







Reply
Jul 10, 2024 19:49:57   #
fishyaker Loc: NW Michigan (Lower Peninsula)
 
Oh yeah...nice gills for sure! Some bass mixed in too...that's the overall tug I think you were after! This heat almost makes me want to get out and do some "snorkel fishing!"

Reply
Jul 10, 2024 20:03:04   #
DVTracker Loc: Harrisburg, PA.
 
bknecht wrote:
Pretty hot and sticky but felt the need for a few tugs. Caught a few smallish crappies in the 7-9” range, a few bass and some (what I consider) bull gills. Any over 9.25” get my attention. Had a fun time.


You endured the weather, and it paid off with some nice catches. Good going BK.

Reply
 
 
Jul 10, 2024 20:13:24   #
bknecht Loc: Northeast pa
 
fishyaker wrote:
Oh yeah...nice gills for sure! Some bass mixed in too...that's the overall tug I think you were after! This heat almost makes me want to get out and do some "snorkel fishing!"


Thanks FY, I used to do quite a bit of snorkeling and diving on lake Wallenpauck. The smallmouths would follow while you picked up rocks to expose crayfish, no fear whatsoever. Then got the bright idea to fish for them underwater just to see their reaction to the presentations. That was quite a while ago and now water over the dam but much fun while it lasted.

Reply
Jul 10, 2024 20:15:01   #
bknecht Loc: Northeast pa
 
DVTracker wrote:
You endured the weather, and it paid off with some nice catches. Good going BK.


Thank you DV, had a nice time. Certainly nothing spectacular but fun nonetheless.

Reply
Jul 10, 2024 21:46:23   #
Flytier Loc: Wilmington Delaware
 
Sounds d s like a great way to spend the day.

Reply
Jul 10, 2024 22:00:17   #
ranger632 Loc: Near Yosemite Park Ca.
 
bknecht wrote:
Pretty hot and sticky but felt the need for a few tugs. Caught a few smallish crappies in the 7-9” range, a few bass and some (what I consider) bull gills. Any over 9.25” get my attention. Had a fun time.



Those are nice big bluegills

Reply
 
 
Jul 10, 2024 22:39:53   #
NJ219bands Loc: New Jersey
 
Nice 👍

Reply
Jul 11, 2024 00:59:38   #
1Oldboat42 Loc: Kearney, Nebraska
 
Well done bknecht!! We have been blessed with a cool start of summer, but it's about to heat up. My wife has the next week off and we will be enduring the heat too. Keep your fishing adventures coming.

Reply
Jul 11, 2024 04:13:29   #
bknecht Loc: Northeast pa
 
Flytier wrote:
Sounds d s like a great way to spend the day.


Any time spent fishing is a good day Flytier.

Reply
Jul 11, 2024 04:14:41   #
bknecht Loc: Northeast pa
 
ranger632 wrote:
Those are nice big bluegills


Thanks Ranger, had a pretty nice time.

Reply
 
 
Jul 11, 2024 04:15:15   #
bknecht Loc: Northeast pa
 
NJ219bands wrote:
Nice 👍


Thanks bands.

Reply
Jul 11, 2024 04:17:11   #
bknecht Loc: Northeast pa
 
1Oldboat42 wrote:
Well done bknecht!! We have been blessed with a cool start of summer, but it's about to heat up. My wife has the next week off and we will be enduring the heat too. Keep your fishing adventures coming.


Thanks Joel, sure hope you get your boat back soon.

Reply
Jul 11, 2024 09:59:40   #
OJdidit Loc: Oak Creek Wisconsin
 
Nicely done Brad!

Reply
Jul 11, 2024 10:38:38   #
Bcmech1 Loc: Clinton Wisconsin
 
bknecht wrote:
Pretty hot and sticky but felt the need for a few tugs. Caught a few smallish crappies in the 7-9” range, a few bass and some (what I consider) bull gills. Any over 9.25” get my attention. Had a fun time.


That size gills will definitely give you a good tug.

Reply
Page 1 of 2 next>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Main
FishingStage.com
Copyright 2018-2024 IDF International Technologies, Inc.