Fishing Stage
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
General Chit-Chat (non-fishing talk)
Good morning 7/10/24
Page 1 of 3 next> last>>
Jul 10, 2024 05:39:28   #
Doug Lemmon Loc: Rochester Mills, PA
 
Good mornin all and Happy Hump day! 🐫 πŸͺ

73Β° now and heading to 88Β° later with a chance of storms today and tonight as the remainder of Beryl passes to our West. Looking at the current radar, I don't think we'll get anything from it.

Yesterday's pump job turned into a chit show and I didn't finish there until close to 6pm. The jobs scheduled for the afternoon are now pushed to today so I've got a bit more than I bargained for today.


*****
Rubies and Diamonds

As I was admitted the hospital for a procedure, the clerk asked for my wrist, saying, "I'm going to give you a bracelet."

"Does it have rubies and diamonds?" I asked.

"No," he said. "But it cost just as much."

😳😳


Have a great day folks, stay cool, stay hydrated! 😎



Reply
Jul 10, 2024 05:58:08   #
bknecht Loc: Northeast pa
 
Good morning Doug and all, gonna be a hot and humid one again. Hope today goes better Doug, I’ve been party to quite a few chit shows with I’m sure more to come. My BIL (wife’s brother) has been in the hospital the last 8 days and is scheduled to return home today, pretty sure your funny applies. Hope everyone has a great day!

Reply
Jul 10, 2024 06:08:13   #
OJdidit Loc: Oak Creek Wisconsin
 
Good morning all,
65 now, heading for 79 later. Expecting a little action from Beryl’s rear end over the next couple hours. Should be sunny this afternoon. Have a great day all!

Reply
 
 
Jul 10, 2024 06:17:20   #
Chuckay Loc: Central Florida
 
Doug Lemmon wrote:
Good mornin all and Happy Hump day! 🐫 πŸͺ

73Β° now and heading to 88Β° later with a chance of storms today and tonight as the remainder of Beryl passes to our West. Looking at the current radar, I don't think we'll get anything from it.

Yesterday's pump job turned into a chit show and I didn't finish there until close to 6pm. The jobs scheduled for the afternoon are now pushed to today so I've got a bit more than I bargained for today.


*****
Rubies and Diamonds

As I was admitted the hospital for a procedure, the clerk asked for my wrist, saying, "I'm going to give you a bracelet."

"Does it have rubies and diamonds?" I asked.

"No," he said. "But it cost just as much."

😳😳


Have a great day folks, stay cool, stay hydrated! 😎
Good mornin all and Happy Hump day! 🐫 πŸͺ br br ... (show quote)


Good morning Doug, Bradd, Joel and the rest β˜• hope everyone has a good hump day it's all down hill now well we don't have hills around here πŸ˜‚ anyway have a blessed day πŸ™πŸ™

Reply
Jul 10, 2024 06:26:11   #
1Oldboat42 Loc: Kearney, Nebraska
 
Chuckay wrote:
Good morning Doug, Bradd, Joel and the rest β˜• hope everyone has a good hump day it's all down hill now well we don't have hills around here πŸ˜‚ anyway have a blessed day πŸ™πŸ™


And a good morning to you Chuckay, Doug and all. We're starting the day off with a cool 69 and will get to the upper 80's today. But by the end of the week we will be in the mid to upper 90's. Yuck!
We have been boat less for a month now and looking for a replacement motor or a different boat hass been an emotional rollercoaster. We were on the way to buy one, over two hours away when the seller text and says he just sold it to someone else. Maybe we will get over the hump today and Tomorrow will be a new beginning.

Reply
Jul 10, 2024 06:32:14   #
plumbob Loc: New Windsor Maryland
 
Doug Lemmon wrote:
Good mornin all and Happy Hump day! 🐫 πŸͺ

73Β° now and heading to 88Β° later with a chance of storms today and tonight as the remainder of Beryl passes to our West. Looking at the current radar, I don't think we'll get anything from it.

Yesterday's pump job turned into a chit show and I didn't finish there until close to 6pm. The jobs scheduled for the afternoon are now pushed to today so I've got a bit more than I bargained for today.


*****
Rubies and Diamonds

As I was admitted the hospital for a procedure, the clerk asked for my wrist, saying, "I'm going to give you a bracelet."

"Does it have rubies and diamonds?" I asked.

"No," he said. "But it cost just as much."

😳😳


Have a great day folks, stay cool, stay hydrated! 😎
Good mornin all and Happy Hump day! 🐫 πŸͺ br br ... (show quote)


Hump Day it is bring it on. Good morning Doug, Brad, John, Chuck and storm watchers yet to log in.

I recall those chit shows too Doug. The worse were always the afternoon around 2pm on Friday out of water calls. One in particular will forever stick in my mind, mainly because of the customer not the job. Funny how some folks after so many years are remembered. Although weeks later I saw the customer on the news headed for jail.

Your joke hits home for many I bet. I had charges on my hospital bill, brief as it was, with doctor's names I do not recall seeing. Obviously they saw me, I feel violated

Have a hydrated day everyone.

Reply
Jul 10, 2024 06:40:25   #
Chuckay Loc: Central Florida
 
1Oldboat42 wrote:
And a good morning to you Chuckay, Doug and all. We're starting the day off with a cool 69 and will get to the upper 80's today. But by the end of the week we will be in the mid to upper 90's. Yuck!
We have been boat less for a month now and looking for a replacement motor or a different boat hass been an emotional rollercoaster. We were on the way to buy one, over two hours away when the seller text and says he just sold it to someone else. Maybe we will get over the hump today and Tomorrow will be a new beginning.
And a good morning to you Chuckay, Doug and all. W... (show quote)


Being without a boat is almost like being without a vehicle πŸ˜‚ hope you find something soon, wish you were here you could find one today there's always a deal on boats πŸ‘ that's what I do in my spare time buy and sell small boats but lately I've been to busy with farm stuff 🚜 gotta watch what we wish for πŸ˜‚ I needed more pasture to expand and now that I've got it I don't have time to get on the water much as I'd like to 🎣
Hope you have a blessed day buddy πŸ™πŸ™

Reply
 
 
Jul 10, 2024 06:44:33   #
Chuckay Loc: Central Florida
 
plumbob wrote:
Hump Day it is bring it on. Good morning Doug, Brad, John, Chuck and storm watchers yet to log in.

I recall those chit shows too Doug. The worse were always the afternoon around 2pm on Friday out of water calls. One in particular will forever stick in my mind, mainly because of the customer not the job. Funny how some folks after so many years are remembered. Although weeks later I saw the customer on the news headed for jail.

Your joke hits home for many I bet. I had charges on my hospital bill, brief as it was, with doctor's names I do not recall seeing. Obviously they saw me, I feel violated

Have a hydrated day everyone.
Hump Day it is bring it on. Good morning Doug, Bra... (show quote)


Bob your Dr. will let his Dr. friend read your report and so on, that's what's they call a doctor's union πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Reply
Jul 10, 2024 06:47:28   #
plumbob Loc: New Windsor Maryland
 
Chuckay wrote:
Being without a boat is almost like being without a vehicle πŸ˜‚ hope you find something soon, wish you were here you could find one today there's always a deal on boats πŸ‘ that's what I do in my spare time buy and sell small boats but lately I've been to busy with farm stuff 🚜 gotta watch what we wish for πŸ˜‚ I needed more pasture to expand and now that I've got it I don't have time to get on the water much as I'd like to 🎣
Hope you have a blessed day buddy πŸ™πŸ™


Must be some truth to that Chuck. Step son # 2 just purchased a kayak after years of listening to his brother and me talk fishing when we get together. He at first bought a Walmart $ 800.00 version and got hooked on fishing a few months ago.

Monday he purchase another one complete with trailer and set up for fishing. Then proceeds to tell his brother and I how to fish. His brother and I had some laughs from that.

Reply
Jul 10, 2024 06:51:11   #
plumbob Loc: New Windsor Maryland
 
Chuckay wrote:
Bob your Dr. will let his Dr. friend read your report and so on, that's what's they call a doctor's union πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚


So much truth in jest there Chuck.

It was a teaching hospital, the real doc's taught them how to pad the bill I bet.

Taught me too. Never use that surgeon again since I still have back pain.

Reply
Jul 10, 2024 06:52:34   #
Chuckay Loc: Central Florida
 
plumbob wrote:
Must be some truth to that Chuck. Step son # 2 just purchased a kayak after years of listening to his brother and me talk fishing when we get together. He at first bought a Walmart $ 800.00 version and got hooked on fishing a few months ago.

Monday he purchase another one complete with trailer and set up for fishing. Then proceeds to tell his brother and I how to fish. His brother and I had some laughs from that.


I've got some fishing buddies the same way, help them get started and the next week they're telling me how to fish πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸŽ£πŸŽ£

Reply
 
 
Jul 10, 2024 07:00:12   #
troyfrd1 Loc: Hampstead,NC
 
plumbob wrote:
Hump Day it is bring it on. Good morning Doug, Brad, John, Chuck and storm watchers yet to log in.

I recall those chit shows too Doug. The worse were always the afternoon around 2pm on Friday out of water calls. One in particular will forever stick in my mind, mainly because of the customer not the job. Funny how some folks after so many years are remembered. Although weeks later I saw the customer on the news headed for jail.

Your joke hits home for many I bet. I had charges on my hospital bill, brief as it was, with doctor's names I do not recall seeing. Obviously they saw me, I feel violated

Have a hydrated day everyone.
Hump Day it is bring it on. Good morning Doug, Bra... (show quote)


I was sure you would remember Dr. Fred when I mistakenly cut the wrong leg off. I did say I was sorry plum

Reply
Jul 10, 2024 07:02:22   #
troyfrd1 Loc: Hampstead,NC
 
Good morning Doug and crew 77 now upper 90’s later with storms after 1600hrs. No plans today but to check on the Stills to make sure Plum hasn’t taken it all again. Have a great day and be safe in the storms and heatwaves.

Reply
Jul 10, 2024 07:05:19   #
Doug Lemmon Loc: Rochester Mills, PA
 
Chuckay wrote:
I've got some fishing buddies the same way, help them get started and the next week they're telling me how to fish πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸŽ£πŸŽ£


Most will share successful days as a teaching proverb but never share the failures. The failures keep us humble and teach us the most if we just look for the reason why we didn't catch or loose fish on the retrieve or at the net.
🦨🐟🦨🐟🦨🐟

Reply
Jul 10, 2024 07:06:28   #
Chuckay Loc: Central Florida
 
plumbob wrote:
So much truth in jest there Chuck.

It was a teaching hospital, the real doc's taught them how to pad the bill I bet.

Taught me too. Never use that surgeon again since I still have back pain.
img src="https://static.fishingstage.com/images/s... (show quote)


I'm still dealing with back issues, putting of surgery because of what you just said and you're not the only person that has told me they still hurt πŸ₯΄ so for now it's not going to happen πŸ˜‚ well on my way to meet the guys for breakfast, then to the cattle market.. hope you have a good day πŸ™πŸ™

Reply
Page 1 of 3 next> last>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
General Chit-Chat (non-fishing talk)
FishingStage.com
Copyright 2018-2024 IDF International Technologies, Inc.