Fishing Stage
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
The Attic
Remember Street D**g Racing?
Oct 21, 2023 13:21:24   #
Mauwehu Loc: Norwalk Ct
 
I guess I’m getting old.



Reply
Oct 21, 2023 13:27:48   #
Foodfisher Loc: SO. Cal coast
 
My how times have changed

Reply
Oct 21, 2023 16:10:02   #
dbed Loc: POMME DE TERRE LAKE MISSOURI
 
Did a lot of the 1st in the early 70s

Reply
 
 
Oct 21, 2023 21:12:57   #
DozerDave Loc: Port Orchard Wa.
 
That Mustang sure has a nice looking rear end. A lot better than those others, that’s fer sure…😂🐟on

Reply
Oct 21, 2023 22:27:43   #
Mauwehu Loc: Norwalk Ct
 
Foodfisher wrote:
My how times have changed


Definitely not better!

Reply
Oct 21, 2023 22:29:17   #
Mauwehu Loc: Norwalk Ct
 
dbed wrote:
Did a lot of the 1st in the early 70s


That’s for sure. Jay Leno and Michael Douglas raced near me in Westport

Reply
Oct 21, 2023 22:30:06   #
Mauwehu Loc: Norwalk Ct
 
DozerDave wrote:
That Mustang sure has a nice looking rear end. A lot better than those others, that’s fer sure…😂🐟on


Well, maybe AS good looking.

Reply
 
 
Oct 23, 2023 14:28:12   #
Mooseman65 Loc: Seattle
 
😂😁😁😁. Too bad true ! 😂😂😂

Reply
Oct 24, 2023 14:53:06   #
Larry M Loc: North Clairmount, San Diego
 
Back in the late 60’s Hawthorne California was the place to go street racing at every signal light on Friday and Saturday nights.

Reply
Oct 25, 2023 08:31:46   #
audigger53 Loc: Severn, MD
 
Larry M wrote:
Back in the late 60’s Hawthorne California was the place to go street racing at every signal light on Friday and Saturday nights.


In Phoenix in the early 60's it was common to see 3 Duces sticking through the hood. Some had twin 4 barrels also.
8 inch "C***ter Slicks" as well.

Reply
Oct 25, 2023 09:07:30   #
Mauwehu Loc: Norwalk Ct
 
audigger53 wrote:
In Phoenix in the early 60's it was common to see 3 Duces sticking through the hood. Some had twin 4 barrels also.
8 inch "C***ter Slicks" as well.


My high school (1965-68) had a lot of muscle cars in the parking lot. GTO, SS, super Bees , Chargers which interestingly came from average working class homes. The young owners had jobs and saved for them. I remember the costs being 2800-3800 brand new.

Reply
 
 
Oct 25, 2023 10:20:43   #
audigger53 Loc: Severn, MD
 
Mauwehu wrote:
My high school (1965-68) had a lot of muscle cars in the parking lot. GTO, SS, super Bees , Chargers which interestingly came from average working class homes. The young owners had jobs and saved for them. I remember the costs being 2800-3800 brand new.


And buy a Mustang and ship it to California, where for $3000 you could get it made into a Shelby.

Reply
Oct 25, 2023 13:15:44   #
Larry M Loc: North Clairmount, San Diego
 
Bought a brand new 68, 327 Camaro for $2200 out the door.

Reply
Oct 25, 2023 20:56:54   #
Rheatown Loc: Greeneville tn
 
We build mopars here but this post reminds me of the song racing in the streets I think Springsteen sung it never listen to his version but Charlie Robinson does a great version of the song

Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
The Attic
FishingStage.com
Copyright 2018-2024 IDF International Technologies, Inc.