This a beautiful rendition of TAPS.
As you prepare for yet another holiday, here is something to consider about the significance of this particular one. These people that died for us could have been our uncles or aunts or grandparents. So many people gave their all. They gave their life. So, remember them. Don't squander the freedom they bought for you. Listen to the beautiful horn music in the link but have a hanky ready.
About six miles from Maastricht, in the Netherlands, lie buried 8,301 American soldiers who died in "Operation Market Garden" in the battles to liberate Holland in the fall and winter of 1944.
Every one of the men buried in the cemetery, as well as those in the Canadian and British military cemeteries, has been adopted by a Dutch family who mind the grave, decorate it, and keep alive the memory of the soldier they have adopted. It is even the custom to keep a portrait of "their" American soldier in a place of honor in their home. Annually, on "Liberation Day," memorial services are held for "the men who died to liberate Holland." The day concludes with a concert. The final piece is always "Il Silenzio," a memorial piece commissioned by the Dutch and first played in 1965 on the 20th anniversary of Holland's liberation. It has been the concluding piece of the memorial concert ever since.
The year is 2014 the soloist is a 13-year-old Dutch girl, Melissa Venema, backed by André Rieu and his orchestra (the Royal Orchestra of the Netherlands). This beautiful concert piece is based upon the original version of taps and was composed by Italian composer Nino Rossi.http://www.flixxy.com/trumpet-solo-melissa-venema.htm
After you watch the above website, check this out.
Our European“arrogance”, in alphabetical order.
1. The American Cemetery at Aisne-Marne, France... A total of 2289
2. The American Cemetery at Ardennes, Belgium... A total of 5329
3. The American Cemetery at Brittany, France... A total of 4410
4. Brookwood, England - American Cemetery... A total of 468
5. Cambridge, England... A total of 3812
6. Epinal, France - American Cemetery... A total of 5525
7. Flanders Field, Belgium... A total of 368
8. Florence, Italy... A total of 4402
9. Henri-Chapelle, Belgium... A total of 7992
10. Lorraine , France... A total of 10,489
11. Luxembourg, Luxembourg... A total of 5076
12. Meuse-Argonne... A total of 14246
13. Netherlands, Netherlands... A total of 8301
14. Normandy, France... A total of 9387
15. Oise-Aisne, France... A total of 6012
16. Rhone, France.. A total of 861
17. Sicily, Italy... A total of 7861
18. Somme, France... A total of 1844
19. St. Mihiel, France... A total of 4153
20. Suresnes, France... A total of 1541
Remind those of our sacrifice and don't confuse“arrogance” with leadership.
The count is104,366 dead, brave Americans.
And we have to watch others apologize to Europe and the Middle East that our country is "arrogant"!
HOW MANY FRENCH, DUTCH, ITALIANS, BELGIANS, ARE BURIED ON OUR SOIL... AFTER DEFENDING US AGAINST OUR ENEMIES?
WE DON'T ASK FOR PRAISE...BUT WE HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO NEED TO APOLOGIZE!
DO THINK ABOUT THIS.
THANK YOU! AND A VERY SPECIAL THANK YOU TO ALL OUR AMERICAN SERVICE MEN AND WOMEN STILL SERVING THROUGHOUT THE WORLD!!
thank you Hack
I will be hooking this up to a loudspeaker and playing it at Sunset on Memorial day...at the town common.
This a beautiful rendition of TAPS. br Hack 🇺🇸🍺... (