Fishing Stage - Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Introduce Yourself
Introduction
Washington Fishing
Page 1 of 2 next>
Jan 14, 2023 20:40:14   #
ckwynn61 Loc: Washington
 
Hello Everyone,

I am CK and located in Lacey Washington. I primarily fish for crappie all year round. If you are on Facebook you would have seen me on the group called panfishing Washington.

I eat every fish (crappie) every Friday (Fish fry Friday) and I do it old school with Crisco.

Thank you letting me join this Forum

Reply
Jan 14, 2023 20:56:03   #
Gordon Loc: Charleston South Carolina
 
ckwynn61 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I am CK and located in Lacey Washington. I primarily fish for crappie all year round. If you are on Facebook you would have seen me on the group called panfishing Washington.

I eat every fish (crappie) every Friday (Fish fry Friday) and I do it old school with Crisco.

Thank you letting me join this Forum


Welcome aboard CK. How is your crappie fishing going this time of year?

Reply
Jan 14, 2023 20:57:32   #
Grizzly 17 Loc: South central Pa
 
ckwynn61 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I am CK and located in Lacey Washington. I primarily fish for crappie all year round. If you are on Facebook you would have seen me on the group called panfishing Washington.

I eat every fish (crappie) every Friday (Fish fry Friday) and I do it old school with Crisco.

Thank you letting me join this Forum


Ck welcome to FS from the east coast πŸ‘πŸŽ£

Reply
 
 
Jan 14, 2023 21:04:14   #
ckwynn61 Loc: Washington
 
It is consistent for sure....just had a nice fish fry yesterday with some nice crappie.

How is your fishing going so far.

Reply
Jan 14, 2023 21:08:39   #
Fredfish Loc: Prospect CT.
 
ckwynn61 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I am CK and located in Lacey Washington. I primarily fish for crappie all year round. If you are on Facebook you would have seen me on the group called panfishing Washington.

I eat every fish (crappie) every Friday (Fish fry Friday) and I do it old school with Crisco.

Thank you letting me join this Forum


Welcome to the Stage CK, from New England. Lot's of Panfish lovers here. Don't forget, we love pictures.

Reply
Jan 14, 2023 21:10:33   #
ckwynn61 Loc: Washington
 
Thank you,

I am still figuring it out. I just loaded a picture (I thought) in Avatar. Trying to see where it went now lololol.

Reply
Jan 14, 2023 21:26:44   #
ckwynn61 Loc: Washington
 
These are Washington state red tail surfperch.
They are similar to crappie with a soft meat texture, but caught out of the Pacific ocean.



Reply
 
 
Jan 14, 2023 21:31:11   #
Gordon Loc: Charleston South Carolina
 
ckwynn61 wrote:
It is consistent for sure....just had a nice fish fry yesterday with some nice crappie.

How is your fishing going so far.


Got some spotted trout a few weeks ago. Fish are biting good in the saltwater.

Reply
Jan 14, 2023 21:49:46   #
Grizzly 17 Loc: South central Pa
 
ckwynn61 wrote:
These are Washington state red tail surfperch.
They are similar to crappie with a soft meat texture, but caught out of the Pacific ocean.


Never heard of them before. Some chunky fish. Nice thing about FS we get to see n learn about species we'd never know about πŸ‘πŸŽ£

Reply
Jan 14, 2023 21:51:07   #
Grizzly 17 Loc: South central Pa
 
Gordon wrote:
Got some spotted trout a few weeks ago. Fish are biting good in the saltwater.


Y'all lucky. It's been cold windy or rainy around here. I need some warm weather so I can try out my dip bait 😊

Reply
Jan 14, 2023 22:00:31   #
Gordon Loc: Charleston South Carolina
 
Grizzly 17 wrote:
Y'all lucky. It's been cold windy or rainy around here. I need some warm weather so I can try out my dip bait 😊


I can't wait to see your results.

Reply
 
 
Jan 14, 2023 22:04:35   #
Foodfisher Loc: SO. Cal coast
 
ckwynn61 wrote:
These are Washington state red tail surfperch.
They are similar to crappie with a soft meat texture, but caught out of the Pacific ocean.


Welcome ck. Did some time in Oly-Lacey invirons. Did the perch come from Westport? Always did well there using razor clam siphons as bait.

Reply
Jan 14, 2023 22:12:56   #
Grizzly 17 Loc: South central Pa
 
Gordon wrote:
I can't wait to see your results.


Me either Gordon. Thanks again brother you'll get first pictures πŸ‘ I have three rods all setup n ready to go. I replaced one treble hook with a circle hook. Just to see how it worksπŸ‘

Reply
Jan 14, 2023 22:50:50   #
Gordon Loc: Charleston South Carolina
 
Grizzly 17 wrote:
Me either Gordon. Thanks again brother you'll get first pictures πŸ‘ I have three rods all setup n ready to go. I replaced one treble hook with a circle hook. Just to see how it worksπŸ‘


Some of my friends cut off oneof the hooks off the treble.

Reply
Jan 14, 2023 23:13:11   #
Grizzly 17 Loc: South central Pa
 
Gordon wrote:
Some of my friends cut off oneof the hooks off the treble.


I use to use a hook for trout n pan fishing that was made like a treble but only had to points. Held a worm a bit better.

Reply
Page 1 of 2 next>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Introduce Yourself
FishingStage.com - Forum
Copyright 2018-2023 IDF International Technologies, Inc.