Fishing Stage - Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Location-Specific Discussions and Fishing Report Requests
Eastern NC
North Carolina Fishing
Nov 23, 2022 14:52:59   #
Love my Kayak Loc: Holly Ridge NC
 
Does anyone fish for trout around Surf City NC? If so where the heck are they this time of year?

Reply
Nov 23, 2022 19:19:43   #
plumbob Loc: New Windsor Maryland
 
Love my Kayak wrote:
Does anyone fish for trout around Surf City NC? If so where the heck are they this time of year?


I am a former Belhaven resident and I found fishing the channels deep in some rivers and creeks to be the best location. They just may be moving to shallower waters for warmth also.

Reply
Nov 23, 2022 20:56:37   #
Love my Kayak Loc: Holly Ridge NC
 
Thanks for the reply. I am going to try some creeks in the morning.

Reply
 
 
Nov 24, 2022 06:03:00   #
plumbob Loc: New Windsor Maryland
 
Love my Kayak wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I am going to try some creeks in the morning.


Good luck LmK, this time of year temps play a factor too. Summer time i found being on the water before sunrise was the best. This time of year between 8 - 10 seemed they liked to sleep in before getting active. Also shrimp or shrimp scent by Pro Cure was the go to bait.

I am a kayaker too someday when you have time please post a pic of yout kayak. Always like to see how folks outfit them.

1st pic was my 1st yak while living in Belhaven. It became part of the house deal when we moved. 2nd one i purchased here in Maryland.





Reply
Nov 25, 2022 13:37:44   #
Love my Kayak Loc: Holly Ridge NC
 
Thanks for the info! I found a promising creek yesterday and it has some deep holes. I did catch a baby trout. So I didn't get skunked.

I am including a few pictures. This is crazy but I think we both have the same taste. I like your ingenuity on raising the seat. I have a native slayer and your yak looks a lot like a native. I have a brand new set of risers that are made for a native if that is what you have I will make you a good deal. I ordered one set but I didn't know they were coming from Austria. I found another set in the US and now I have two sets. The yak you see has the risers on it.
Sorry for the long massage but I knew you would have some questions about the pictures.

Hope you and your family had a great Thanksgiving!

I have rod holders on both sides so I can drift fish with live bate. I do have a cushion in my seat and I made my own tackle box too fit under my seat.
I have rod holders on both sides so I can drift fi...

I have a depth finder and a fish ruler mounted on the rail.
I have a depth finder and a fish ruler mounted on ...

I made me a trailer so I could move my yak too the water with everything in place. You will also see my fish net attached by a clip to the top of my drive.
I made me a trailer so I could move my yak too the...

I have a boon dock rudder that lets me make real sharp turns and that rod you see sticking out is my anchor pole. I put that down through my supper holes in shallow water.
I have a boon dock rudder that lets me make real s...

Reply
Nov 25, 2022 14:02:46   #
plumbob Loc: New Windsor Maryland
 
Love my Kayak wrote:
Thanks for the info! I found a promising creek yesterday and it has some deep holes. I did catch a baby trout. So I didn't get skunked.

I am including a few pictures. This is crazy but I think we both have the same taste. I like your ingenuity on raising the seat. I have a native slayer and your yak looks a lot like a native. I have a brand new set of risers that are made for a native if that is what you have I will make you a good deal. I ordered one set but I didn't know they were coming from Austria. I found another set in the US and now I have two sets. The yak you see has the risers on it.
Sorry for the long massage but I knew you would have some questions about the pictures.

Hope you and your family had a great Thanksgiving!
Thanks for the info! I found a promising creek yes... (show quote)


Good afternoon LMK, yes Thanksgiving was good at the plum house now working off the calories getting Christmas stuff out for the Mrs. Hope your day was spent in warmer weather and enjoyable as well.

Thanks for taking the time to send the pics, I really like your set up. Only problem I have with mine is the anchor rope gets caught once in awhile in the rudder when the water is still and the line drifts on top of it. I never used a scupper pole just one more thing I could lose out there. A friend of mine likes his scupper pole as well but I try and anchor accordingly with the water movement.

My yak is called a Pro Pel. Looks like the same mounting for the seat and for now I like what I have the height set to. I appreciate the offer but this is working and just me using it no adjustments needed.

Good idea you have with the net, that location is where i want to put a bracket for the phone. A user on here Andy B post some good pics of his cathes from that mounting location.

I thought about the under the seat for storage of the same tackle boxes and than I got to thinking what if I get swamped. So behind me works and it is anchored to the seat just in case.

Reply
Nov 26, 2022 09:48:24   #
fishyaker Loc: NW Michigan (Lower Peninsula)
 
Nice set up there love my kayak! As mentioned, your rig has great resemblance to what plumb has going. Interesting idea about using a short staff thru scupper holes to hold position in shallow water. I might just give that a try sometime....

Good luck as you continue to enjoy fishing from your kayak!

Reply
 
 
Nov 26, 2022 20:40:10   #
Love my Kayak Loc: Holly Ridge NC
 
Thanks for the reply. I used an old 12 foot surf rod that I broke the top part of the rod. It will float.

Reply
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Location-Specific Discussions and Fishing Report Requests
FishingStage.com - Forum
Copyright 2018-2022 IDF International Technologies, Inc.