Fishing Stage - Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
General Chit-Chat (non-fishing talk)
Thought for Today 11/23/2022
Page 1 of 3 next> last>>
Nov 23, 2022 05:17:36   #
plumbob Loc: New Windsor Maryland
 
I can guess that most of you aren't sitting at your favorite honey hole about now reading this. So think back to that time the thoughts that went through your mind and it wasn't always about what's on the other end of that rod.

We solved problems, shared thoughts with friends, spoke to the heavens, took in the creations around us, and even at times gave Thanks for such a good time being one with nature.

Yes, a lot more than just cast and retrieve going on out there.

Do you care to share those thoughts here?



Reply
Nov 23, 2022 05:35:13   #
Grizzly 17 Loc: South central Pa
 
plumbob wrote:
I can guess that most of you aren't sitting at your favorite honey hole about now reading this. So think back to that time the thoughts that went through your mind and it wasn't always about what's on the other end of that rod.

We solved problems, shared thoughts with friends, spoke to the heavens, took in the creations around us, and even at times gave Thanks for such a good time being one with nature.

Yes, a lot more than just cast and retrieve going on out there.

Do you care to share those thoughts here?
I can guess that most of you aren't sitting at you... (show quote)


Gmorn Bob I've been up since 3:30 👍.It's about the connection with myself n nature. The peace of mind n the inner calmness I have while there. Sometimes sharing with good friends. The perfect sanctuary in a crazy world brother 👍🎣

Reply
Nov 23, 2022 05:41:10   #
Doug Lemmon Loc: Rochester Mills, PA
 
Grizzly 17 wrote:
Gmorn Bob I've been up since 3:30 👍.It's about the connection with myself n nature. The peace of mind n the inner calmness I have while there. Sometimes sharing with good friends. The perfect sanctuary in a crazy world brother 👍🎣


Well said Griz!

Reply
 
 
Nov 23, 2022 05:45:01   #
OJdidit Loc: Oak Creek Wisconsin
 
Great post pb! So much more than just being out there. It doesn’t matter to me if I am in a boat, sitting on a pier or a rock, standing in a duck blind or on a deer stand. I try to take it all in whether I am alone, or with someone else. Being alone is quite soul cleansing, but sharing the experience with a newbie is so much more fulfilling! You can discuss the problems of the World or just absorb the moment…the possibilities are endless. Whether you realize those opportunities are available to us through the sacrifices of others is entirely up to you. Enjoy, appreciate, respect and leave no trace!
The first step is to just get out there!

Reply
Nov 23, 2022 05:54:48   #
Grizzly 17 Loc: South central Pa
 
Doug Lemmon wrote:
Well said Griz!


Thanks Doug. Have a good day brother 👍

Reply
Nov 23, 2022 05:57:15   #
ghaynes1 Loc: Strawberry Plains, TN
 
OJdidit wrote:
Great post pb! So much more than just being out there. It doesn’t matter to me if I am in a boat, sitting on a pier or a rock, standing in a duck blind or on a deer stand. I try to take it all in whether I am alone, or with someone else. Being alone is quite soul cleansing, but sharing the experience with a newbie is so much more fulfilling! You can discuss the problems of the World or just absorb the moment…the possibilities are endless. Whether you realize those opportunities are available to us through the sacrifices of others is entirely up to you. Enjoy, appreciate, respect and leave no trace!
The first step is to just get out there!
Great post pb! So much more than just being out t... (show quote)


That covers it John.

Reply
Nov 23, 2022 06:04:49   #
E.pa.al Loc: Martin's Creek
 
You nailed it John,we'll said

Reply
 
 
Nov 23, 2022 06:06:27   #
Grizzly 17 Loc: South central Pa
 
OJdidit wrote:
Great post pb! So much more than just being out there. It doesn’t matter to me if I am in a boat, sitting on a pier or a rock, standing in a duck blind or on a deer stand. I try to take it all in whether I am alone, or with someone else. Being alone is quite soul cleansing, but sharing the experience with a newbie is so much more fulfilling! You can discuss the problems of the World or just absorb the moment…the possibilities are endless. Whether you realize those opportunities are available to us through the sacrifices of others is entirely up to you. Enjoy, appreciate, respect and leave no trace!
The first step is to just get out there!
Great post pb! So much more than just being out t... (show quote)


Hi OJ. I try to block out the world problems. It interferes with the sounds of nature 👍👍

Reply
Nov 23, 2022 06:08:53   #
OJdidit Loc: Oak Creek Wisconsin
 
Grizzly 17 wrote:
Hi OJ. I try to block out the world problems. It interferes with the sounds of nature 👍👍


That is a good way to live Grizz! Even if it is just for a few minutes!

Reply
Nov 23, 2022 06:24:37   #
bknecht Loc: Northeast pa
 
OJdidit wrote:
Great post pb! So much more than just being out there. It doesn’t matter to me if I am in a boat, sitting on a pier or a rock, standing in a duck blind or on a deer stand. I try to take it all in whether I am alone, or with someone else. Being alone is quite soul cleansing, but sharing the experience with a newbie is so much more fulfilling! You can discuss the problems of the World or just absorb the moment…the possibilities are endless. Whether you realize those opportunities are available to us through the sacrifices of others is entirely up to you. Enjoy, appreciate, respect and leave no trace!
The first step is to just get out there!
Great post pb! So much more than just being out t... (show quote)


Great thought there plumb and OJ, you stayed it eloquently.

Reply
Nov 23, 2022 06:24:59   #
Grizzly 17 Loc: South central Pa
 
OJdidit wrote:
That is a good way to live Grizz! Even if it is just for a few minutes!


OJ. My connection with nature started at a very young age. The older I get the stronger the connection gets. I've learned how to appreciate all it has to offer. I'm a better man for it. Enjoy every minute out there brother 👍🎣

Reply
 
 
Nov 23, 2022 07:08:51   #
OJdidit Loc: Oak Creek Wisconsin
 
Grizzly 17 wrote:
OJ. My connection with nature started at a very young age. The older I get the stronger the connection gets. I've learned how to appreciate all it has to offer. I'm a better man for it. Enjoy every minute out there brother 👍🎣


Me too Grizz, some of my earliest (and fondest) memories are from time spent in the outdoors. I remember holding a Drake Mallard my Dad shot on Opening Day of duck season in 1964. The colors in the feathers were spectacular, the green in the head (which morphs into purple as you turn it in the sun), the yellow in the bill, the orange feet and the curl of the tail feathers. It was burned into my memory that October afternoon. I also remember being in my swing (suspended from the clothes poles next to the patio) and holding onto the hoof of an 8 point buck my Dad bagged the day before at Horicon Marsh in 1963 (I was 2). I didn’t realize how lucky I was at the time…

Reply
Nov 23, 2022 07:26:32   #
Graywulff Loc: Cortez,Co.
 
plumbob wrote:
I can guess that most of you aren't sitting at your favorite honey hole about now reading this. So think back to that time the thoughts that went through your mind and it wasn't always about what's on the other end of that rod.

We solved problems, shared thoughts with friends, spoke to the heavens, took in the creations around us, and even at times gave Thanks for such a good time being one with nature.

Yes, a lot more than just cast and retrieve going on out there.

Do you care to share those thoughts here?
I can guess that most of you aren't sitting at you... (show quote)
When I was young it was all about the pursuit of fish or game. My total concentration was on my activity and where I was I just took for granted. It changed for me one night in the high up mountains at elk camp. Lying in a tent and very cold and the wind was howling through the pines. It was less than comfortable in fact downright miserable and I told myself over and over that I was having fun. After about an hour of tossing, turning and shivering I quieted myself and became part of all of it. It’s been that way ever since. I become part of it and it’s a very good thing.

Reply
Nov 23, 2022 07:28:45   #
ghaynes1 Loc: Strawberry Plains, TN
 
Graywulff wrote:
When I was young it was all about the pursuit of fish or game. My total concentration was on my activity and where I was I just took for granted. It changed for me one night in the high up mountains at elk camp. Lying in a tent and very cold and the wind was howling through the pines. It was less than comfortable in fact downright miserable and I told myself over and over that I was having fun. After about an hour of tossing, turning and shivering I quieted myself and became part of all of it. It’s been that way ever since. I become part of it and it’s a very good thing.
When I was young it was all about the pursuit of f... (show quote)


Sounds like kind of a Walden Pond experience Wulffy. Becoming one with nature so to speak.

Reply
Nov 23, 2022 07:36:57   #
Jer Loc: N. Illinois
 
plumbob wrote:
I can guess that most of you aren't sitting at your favorite honey hole about now reading this. So think back to that time the thoughts that went through your mind and it wasn't always about what's on the other end of that rod.

We solved problems, shared thoughts with friends, spoke to the heavens, took in the creations around us, and even at times gave Thanks for such a good time being one with nature.

Yes, a lot more than just cast and retrieve going on out there.

Do you care to share those thoughts here?
I can guess that most of you aren't sitting at you... (show quote)


Just being out in nature recharges my battery. Even when fishing with my brother, it it often quiet except for the sounds of nature. A splash, a woodpecker, Cardinals, squirrel, groundhog, or the wind in the trees are mesmerizing.
Yes, it’s much more than cast and retrieve. It’s awesome.

Reply
Page 1 of 3 next> last>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
General Chit-Chat (non-fishing talk)
FishingStage.com - Forum
Copyright 2018-2022 IDF International Technologies, Inc.