Fishing Stage - Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Location-Specific Discussions and Fishing Report Requests
Posted Access in Montana
Montana Fishing
Page 1 of 2 next>
Nov 16, 2022 09:50:55   #
Lunkster72 Loc: Kalispell, MT
 
Hi, guys....
Gary here....lamenting over rapid loss of access on many local lakes and sloughs here inwestern Montana. Lifelong native. Hard to watch.
Always seeking new pike haunts.

Reply
Nov 16, 2022 09:55:09   #
OJdidit Loc: Oak Creek Wisconsin
 
Lunkster72 wrote:
Hi, guys....
Gary here....lamenting over rapid loss of access on many local lakes and sloughs here inwestern Montana. Lifelong native. Hard to watch.
Always seeking new pike haunts.


Why are you losing access?

Reply
Nov 16, 2022 10:09:54   #
Lunkster72 Loc: Kalispell, MT
 
Combination of several factors. Wealthy seasonal recreational residents...posting explosion. Developing a new species of "Red" trees.

Reply
 
 
Nov 16, 2022 10:29:22   #
OJdidit Loc: Oak Creek Wisconsin
 
Lunkster72 wrote:
Combination of several factors. Wealthy seasonal recreational residents...posting explosion. Developing a new species of "Red" trees.


I figured some of the issues on “Yellowstone” were based on truth.
Sorry, but not familiar with the term “Red” trees…

Reply
Nov 16, 2022 11:15:49   #
Lunkster72 Loc: Kalispell, MT
 
Red, as in paint. Nothing like a handsome fir splashed in banded red... "Yellowstone" does not depict NW Montana. That's down in Yuppieville.

Reply
Nov 16, 2022 12:28:16   #
OJdidit Loc: Oak Creek Wisconsin
 
Lunkster72 wrote:
Red, as in paint. Nothing like a handsome fir splashed in banded red... "Yellowstone" does not depict NW Montana. That's down in Yuppieville.


Painting for logging purposes, or for showing property boundaries?
Seems like the millionaires from the East and West Coasts are expanding Yuppieville for their newest “playgrounds”?

Reply
Nov 16, 2022 14:38:25   #
Gmchief Loc: New Hampshire coast
 
Lunkster72 wrote:
Combination of several factors. Wealthy seasonal recreational residents...posting explosion. Developing a new species of "Red" trees.


In a lot of places purple means no trespassing.

Reply
 
 
Nov 16, 2022 15:02:23   #
OJdidit Loc: Oak Creek Wisconsin
 
Gmchief wrote:
In a lot of places purple means no trespassing.


I have yet to see purple. We are just supposed to KNOW where we are at all times. Land owners don’t have to post their land anymore. It is up to the hunter to know the rules. OnX comes in handy to tell you exactly where you are…and how to get back if you turn on the tracker portion.
It would help those who are colorblind, too!

Reply
Nov 16, 2022 22:28:21   #
Lunkster72 Loc: Kalispell, MT
 
Correct on that

Reply
Nov 17, 2022 11:17:06   #
Larry M Loc: North Clairmount, San Diego
 
Lunkster72 wrote:
Correct on that


Morning.
Our daughter lives in Kalispell.

Reply
Nov 17, 2022 11:23:56   #
Lunkster72 Loc: Kalispell, MT
 
Small world. We love it here .

Reply
 
 
Nov 17, 2022 12:42:38   #
JPS Doc Loc: Stockton, Missouri
 
We looked at Montana and Idaho. Chose not to go there as I left California to get away from California politics and all that it brings. Seems a lot of Cali ended up in those two states. I do love the fishing there though

Reply
Nov 17, 2022 12:49:05   #
Lunkster72 Loc: Kalispell, MT
 
It's worse in Idaho ....eastern MT far less. Harsher environment. Times changing. Glad I grew during glory years ..

Reply
Nov 17, 2022 15:10:03   #
JB134 Loc: Montana
 
Hey Gary. Certainly not a life term resident here in Whitefish, but I’m not really familiar with exactly what you’re talking about. Been splashing the bass boat everywhere without issues, and catching quality fish. Montana is just awesome

Reply
Nov 17, 2022 22:29:39   #
Billycrap2 Loc: Mason county,W(BY GOD) Virginia, 🇺🇸🦅
 
OJdidit wrote:
I have yet to see purple. We are just supposed to KNOW where we are at all times. Land owners don’t have to post their land anymore. It is up to the hunter to know the rules. OnX comes in handy to tell you exactly where you are…and how to get back if you turn on the tracker portion.
It would help those who are colorblind, too!


Are state is also mark purple tree boundary or fence posts property 👍🏽🇺🇸🦅

Reply
Page 1 of 2 next>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Location-Specific Discussions and Fishing Report Requests
FishingStage.com - Forum
Copyright 2018-2022 IDF International Technologies, Inc.