Fishing Stage - Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
General Chit-Chat (non-fishing talk)
Big Scallops, need direction
Page 1 of 3 next> last>>
Jan 13, 2022 16:15:45   #
Jarheadfishnfool Loc: Tulare, Ca.
 
OK Gals and Guys, I went awhile ago to Quality Meats and Seafood and my eyes were bigger than what I went for ! I've made Scallops before but not this big, and I don't want to mess them up,, 1lb of giant scallops any and all help will be much appreciated !!





Reply
Jan 13, 2022 16:21:40   #
Spiritof27 Loc: Lincoln, CA
 
In a fry pan, 1/2 butter and 1/2 veggie oil, that's so the butter doesn't burn. Brown one side, flip em and brown the other. Don't over cook! So simple yet so difficult.

Reply
Jan 13, 2022 16:25:43   #
Jarheadfishnfool Loc: Tulare, Ca.
 
Spiritof27 wrote:
In a fry pan, 1/2 butter and 1/2 veggie oil, that's so the butter doesn't burn. Brown one side, flip em and brown the other. Don't over cook! So simple yet so difficult.


Thanks Chief ,,that's what I've done with smaller ones ,, hope you are doing OK with the sightseer,,✌

Reply
 
 
Jan 13, 2022 16:35:21   #
Big A Loc: Mesa, Arizona
 
Bacon-wrapped scallops are pretty darned good, and you can find the best way to cook 'em on the 'net' !
As the saying goes - "Everything's better with bacon" !

Reply
Jan 13, 2022 16:41:10   #
Flytier Loc: Wilmington Delaware
 
Spiritof27 wrote:
In a fry pan, 1/2 butter and 1/2 veggie oil, that's so the butter doesn't burn. Brown one side, flip em and brown the other. Don't over cook! So simple yet so difficult.


I'll go with Spirit on this one . Make sure that you pat them dry before you put them in the pan. If they're too wet they will steam instead of get a nice sear. I'd serve them withe some lemon butter sauted veggies and jasmine rice.

Reply
Jan 13, 2022 16:46:32   #
Jarheadfishnfool Loc: Tulare, Ca.
 
Big A wrote:
Bacon-wrapped scallops are pretty darned good, and you can find the best way to cook 'em on the 'net' !
As the saying goes - "Everything's better with bacon" !


That sounds yummy , do you think they should be partially seared first and then wrapped or cook bacon wrapped?

Reply
Jan 13, 2022 16:48:27   #
Jarheadfishnfool Loc: Tulare, Ca.
 
Flytier wrote:
I'll go with Spirit on this one . Make sure that you pat them dry before you put them in the pan. If they're too wet they will steam instead of get a nice sear. I'd serve them withe some lemon butter sauted veggies and jasmine rice.


Thanks Flytier that sounds and looks great in my jarhead, many Gracias !!

Reply
 
 
Jan 13, 2022 16:52:01   #
Jarheadfishnfool Loc: Tulare, Ca.
 
Big A wrote:
Bacon-wrapped scallops are pretty darned good, and you can find the best way to cook 'em on the 'net' !
As the saying goes - "Everything's better with bacon" !


Reason I asked is there are enough to try both ways, Hope you are doing well Big in your new place!✌👍

Reply
Jan 13, 2022 16:54:56   #
charlykilo Loc: Garden Valley Ca
 
Slice thin apply to soy Sause with chop stix Enjoy.

Reply
Jan 13, 2022 16:58:19   #
Jarheadfishnfool Loc: Tulare, Ca.
 
charlykilo wrote:
Slice thin apply to soy Sause with chop stix Enjoy.


Huh ! Never thought of that ! Thanks CK !

Reply
Jan 13, 2022 17:40:05   #
Big A Loc: Mesa, Arizona
 
Jarheadfishnfool wrote:
Reason I asked is there are enough to try both ways, Hope you are doing well Big in your new place!✌👍


Thanks for asking ! I am ecstatic
to be in my own place again, and
even more so with the low rent
for a nice place in a decent neighborhood ! Not planning to
leave anytime soon now that I've finally gotten my foot through the door - matter of fact, they'll have
to haul my carcass out of here
feet-first when the time comes !

Here are a few photos
of the new place !









Reply
 
 
Jan 13, 2022 17:51:35   #
OJdidit Loc: Oak Creek Wisconsin
 
I just asked Jonah’s Dad (restaurant owner), his advice is to sear on each side to have them end up cooked in the middle to medium rare with a little garlic, rosemary and or seasoning salt.
Enjoy!

Reply
Jan 13, 2022 18:14:16   #
Jarheadfishnfool Loc: Tulare, Ca.
 
Big A wrote:
Thanks for asking ! I am ecstatic
to be in my own place again, and
even more so with the low rent
for a nice place in a decent neighborhood ! Not planning to
leave anytime soon now that I've finally gotten my foot through the door - matter of fact, they'll have
to haul my carcass out of here
feet-first when the time comes !

Here are a few photos
of the new place !


Beautiful and very kept up neat looking Home Big , very Happy for you my friend, you take care and stay safe !✌

Reply
Jan 13, 2022 18:22:24   #
Jarheadfishnfool Loc: Tulare, Ca.
 
OJdidit wrote:
I just asked Jonah’s Dad (restaurant owner), his advice is to sear on each side to have them end up cooked in the middle to medium rare with a little garlic, rosemary and or seasoning salt.
Enjoy!


Thanks OJ just finished peeling the Garlic, Me loves Garlic !!👍✌Thank You !

Reply
Jan 13, 2022 18:27:53   #
Jarheadfishnfool Loc: Tulare, Ca.
 
OJdidit wrote:
I just asked Jonah’s Dad (restaurant owner), his advice is to sear on each side to have them end up cooked in the middle to medium rare with a little garlic, rosemary and or seasoning salt.
Enjoy!


Still always thinking of Jonah ,,,,, no child should ever suffer ,,prayers to Jonah,,,,,,

Reply
Page 1 of 3 next> last>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
General Chit-Chat (non-fishing talk)
FishingStage.com - Forum
Copyright 2018-2022 IDF International Technologies, Inc.