Fishing Stage - Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Main
I need some technical help
Page 1 of 6 next> last>>
Sep 11, 2021 22:15:19   #
DozerDave Loc: Port Orchard Wa.
 
Well I finally got my boat back together after replacing the fuel tank all the fuel lines and removing all the carpet and applying a rubber granular paint on the floors. So concerning the help I’m needing I had it in the water yesterday and when I turned on my fish finder everything seemed find. But towards the end of my outing the numbers the indicates the depth started blinking. And now that’s all it does. The temp and speed numbers seem to be ok. And it’s showing 60’ sitting in my yard. (blinking) It’s the Lowrance Elite-5. This is something out of my wheel house. When it comes to electronics I’m about as smart as a rock…😜have any of you had a similar problem with your FF…🐟o







Reply
Sep 11, 2021 22:33:06   #
Fredfish Loc: Prospect CT.
 
DozerDave wrote:
Well I finally got my boat back together after replacing the fuel tank all the fuel lines and removing all the carpet and applying a rubber granular paint on the floors. So concerning the help I’m needing I had it in the water yesterday and when I turned on my fish finder everything seemed find. But towards the end of my outing the numbers the indicates the depth started blinking. And now that’s all it does. The temp and speed numbers seem to be ok. And it’s showing 60’ sitting in my yard. (blinking) It’s the Lowrance Elite-5. This is something out of my wheel house. When it comes to electronics I’m about as smart as a rock…😜have any of you had a similar problem with your FF…🐟o
Well I finally got my boat back together after rep... (show quote)


Beautiful job on the boat Dave!
Is it possible that the Transducer cable got damaged,somewhere along the run to the Fishfinder?

Reply
Sep 11, 2021 22:41:08   #
FourchonLa. Loc: Fourchon Louisiana, South Louisiana
 
DozerDave wrote:
Well I finally got my boat back together after replacing the fuel tank all the fuel lines and removing all the carpet and applying a rubber granular paint on the floors. So concerning the help I’m needing I had it in the water yesterday and when I turned on my fish finder everything seemed find. But towards the end of my outing the numbers the indicates the depth started blinking. And now that’s all it does. The temp and speed numbers seem to be ok. And it’s showing 60’ sitting in my yard. (blinking) It’s the Lowrance Elite-5. This is something out of my wheel house. When it comes to electronics I’m about as smart as a rock…😜have any of you had a similar problem with your FF…🐟o
Well I finally got my boat back together after rep... (show quote)


Nice job on the boat DD. Can’t help other than what Fred said and maybe resetting your system. If all else fails, use that rock and a rope to take soundings. It’s foolproof. 😁😁😁

Reply
 
 
Sep 11, 2021 22:52:10   #
DozerDave Loc: Port Orchard Wa.
 
Fredfish wrote:
Beautiful job on the boat Dave!
Is it possible that the Transducer cable got damaged,somewhere along the run to the Fishfinder?


Yeah, like I was saying. It started out working ok and then started blinking and showing an inaccurate depth. I’ll check the connection’s and trace the wiring…thanks Fred 🐟on

Reply
Sep 11, 2021 22:55:58   #
Barnacles Loc: Northern California
 
Beautiful boat now, Dave! You do nice work!
As for the Lowrance, I agree with the posts above. It might be worth looking at the transducer and its mount. Nothing loose? No foreign material on it?
It might be worth contacting Lowrance, if you can't find a cable problem.

Reply
Sep 11, 2021 22:56:19   #
DozerDave Loc: Port Orchard Wa.
 
FourchonLa. wrote:
Nice job on the boat DD. Can’t help other than what Fred said and maybe resetting your system. If all else fails, use that rock and a rope to take soundings. It’s foolproof. 😁😁😁


I messed with it a bit trying to figure out how to “reset” but to no avail. Any suggestions? Yep, rock and rope. Old school. Thanks Four…🐟on

Reply
Sep 11, 2021 23:08:25   #
DozerDave Loc: Port Orchard Wa.
 
Barnacles wrote:
Beautiful boat now, Dave! You do nice work!
As for the Lowrance, I agree with the posts above. It might be worth looking at the transducer and its mount. Nothing loose? No foreign material on it?
It might be worth contacting Lowrance, if you can't find a cable problem.


Thanks, Barnacles. It did turn out pretty nice. I couldn’t wait to get that carpet out of it. I was recarpeted at one point before I got it with house carpet. So it was pretty disgusting after several years of fishing. So now I can just hose it out when it gets nasty …🐟on

Reply
 
 
Sep 11, 2021 23:13:34   #
OJdidit Loc: Oak Creek Wisconsin
 
The boat looks great. As for the FF, outside of the obvious (noise from another instrument, loose or damaged cable, etc) this is beyond me, sorry. Hoping that someone comes along who can help you out.

Reply
Sep 11, 2021 23:20:35   #
Fredfish Loc: Prospect CT.
 
DozerDave wrote:
Yeah, like I was saying. It started out working ok and then started blinking and showing an inaccurate depth. I’ll check the connection’s and trace the wiring…thanks Fred 🐟on


There should be a choice to "Return to Factory settings "on each function's menu Dave.
Have a good night buddy.

Reply
Sep 11, 2021 23:26:19   #
DozerDave Loc: Port Orchard Wa.
 
Fredfish wrote:
There should be a choice to "Return to Factory settings "on each function's menu Dave.
Have a good night buddy.

Thanks, Fred. I’ll look for those. You should be on your way to bed pretty quick so you have a good night also…🐟on

Reply
Sep 11, 2021 23:29:06   #
FourchonLa. Loc: Fourchon Louisiana, South Louisiana
 
DozerDave wrote:
I messed with it a bit trying to figure out how to “reset” but to no avail. Any suggestions? Yep, rock and rope. Old school. Thanks Four…🐟on


There’s a bunch of videos online about your version. Don’t know if yours is an HDS version but it can be soft or hard reset. Also check to see that your transducer cable is not run next to the battery cables. May cause interference.

Reply
 
 
Sep 11, 2021 23:34:45   #
DozerDave Loc: Port Orchard Wa.
 
OJdidit wrote:
The boat looks great. As for the FF, outside of the obvious (noise from another instrument, loose or damaged cable, etc) this is beyond me, sorry. Hoping that someone comes along who can help you out.


Thanks OJ. It just seems strange that it started acting up out of the blue while I was out on the lake putting around🤷‍♂️If I can’t figure it out I’ll take it to my grandson’s. He’s pretty sharp with FF. He also use to manage a West Marine store for a few years…🐟on

Reply
Sep 11, 2021 23:39:23   #
DozerDave Loc: Port Orchard Wa.
 
FourchonLa. wrote:
There’s a bunch of videos online about your version. Don’t know if yours is an HDS version but it can be soft or hard reset. Also check to see that your transducer cable is not run next to the battery cables. May cause interference.

Thanks, Four. I’ll look into those videos. I don’t know if it’s a HDS version either. 🤷‍♂️What’s that?…🐟on

Reply
Sep 11, 2021 23:57:59   #
Blackdog Loc: Round Rock, TX
 
DozerDave wrote:
Well I finally got my boat back together after replacing the fuel tank all the fuel lines and removing all the carpet and applying a rubber granular paint on the floors. So concerning the help I’m needing I had it in the water yesterday and when I turned on my fish finder everything seemed find. But towards the end of my outing the numbers the indicates the depth started blinking. And now that’s all it does. The temp and speed numbers seem to be ok. And it’s showing 60’ sitting in my yard. (blinking) It’s the Lowrance Elite-5. This is something out of my wheel house. When it comes to electronics I’m about as smart as a rock…😜have any of you had a similar problem with your FF…🐟o
Well I finally got my boat back together after rep... (show quote)


Evening DD,

Nice Job on the Boat.

I don't know a thing about a Lowrance FF. However, I am a technical person. When I first saw your post I decided to wait and see what advice others might have, and in this case I am going to offer my two cents worth. HA HA....

Here are the most common types of incorrect display readings that are caused by transducer errors:

Display shows surface reading, but no bottom reading.
Display shows wrong depth reading.
Display shows erratic readings (especially when the boat speeds up)

If that doesn't help you then try this...... Type into your Google Search bar the following question.....

Why are my Depth Numbers Blinking on my Lowrance Elite-5?

Scroll down the page and see if you can find anything that helps.

Good Luck.

BD

Reply
Sep 12, 2021 00:14:43   #
DozerDave Loc: Port Orchard Wa.
 
Blackdog wrote:
Evening DD,

Nice Job on the Boat.

I don't know a thing about a Lowrance FF. However, I am a technical person. When I first saw your post I decided to wait and see what advice others might have, and in this case I am going to offer my two cents worth. HA HA....

Here are the most common types of incorrect display readings that are caused by transducer errors:

Display shows surface reading, but no bottom reading.
Display shows wrong depth reading.
Display shows erratic readings (especially when the boat speeds up)

If that doesn't help you then try this...... Type into your Google Search bar the following question.....

Why are my Depth Numbers Blinking on my Lowrance Elite-5?

Scroll down the page and see if you can find anything that helps.

Good Luck.

BD
Evening DD, br br Nice Job on the Boat. br br I ... (show quote)


Thanks, BD. Yeah I’ve been searching YouTube and I’ll go out tomorrow and see if I can figure it out. Thanks for your input…🐟on

Reply
Page 1 of 6 next> last>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Main
FishingStage.com - Forum
Copyright 2018-2021 IDF International Technologies, Inc.