Fishing Stage - Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Main
Get this !!!
Page 1 of 2 next>
Jul 21, 2021 21:43:31   #
Ben Bragg Loc: Dayton Ohio
 
So me and mrs Bragg are linked up with a 20th anniversary trip to Virginia Beach for 7 days mid September
I swear upon my boat, tackle , truck and every thing holy that she suggested I take a guide trip while we are there !!!!!!!!!
Really big bucket list is to catch a stud red fish and a slot limit fish and take to a local restsraunt for prep.
Big enough share with table we met in line.
Read Chesapeake can do this
Definitely like to take my own gear but that will be a PITA.
Half day is about all I can swing withoutrhe wife cutting me off for 6 months … Again
Does any one in the Va Beach area have recommendations for a guide who’s pretty good.
Been my experience the guides attitude makes it it breaks it regardless of fish caught.
Let me know

Reply
Jul 21, 2021 21:49:38   #
Sinker Rig Loc: Tampa area
 
Savy wife you have there, she knows how to get rid of you for a day and get a break from your 1 track fishing mind......therapy is available

Reply
Jul 21, 2021 21:54:48   #
Ben Bragg Loc: Dayton Ohio
 
Yea your probably right
While I’m catching fish .lord knows what debauchary she will be involved in!!!
I’m expecting at least fire trucks and helicopters!?!!

Reply
 
 
Jul 21, 2021 22:24:03   #
Sinker Rig Loc: Tampa area
 
By mid-Sept I suspect the Bull reds will be spawning in that area or maybe earlier, inlets and passes are where to fish

Reply
Jul 21, 2021 22:37:11   #
Ben Bragg Loc: Dayton Ohio
 
Sinker Rig wrote:
By mid-Sept I suspect the Bull reds will be spawning in that area or maybe earlier, inlets and passes are where to fish


Oh. I’m my world that’s a good thing.
Right?

Reply
Jul 21, 2021 22:55:35   #
Sinker Rig Loc: Tampa area
 
Ben Bragg wrote:
Oh. I’m my world that’s a good thing.
Right?


Don't know......it's a water temp thang

Reply
Jul 21, 2021 23:11:23   #
Ben Bragg Loc: Dayton Ohio
 
Sinker Rig wrote:
Don't know......it's a water temp thang


Kick myself in the butt if I didn’t try

Reply
 
 
Jul 21, 2021 23:18:29   #
Sinker Rig Loc: Tampa area
 
Ben Bragg wrote:
Kick myself in the butt if I didn’t try


Me too man, could be a great time

Reply
Jul 21, 2021 23:36:20   #
Yankeeblue Loc: Manchester CT (near Hartford)
 
Ben Bragg wrote:
Yea your probably right
While I’m catching fish .lord knows what debauchary she will be involved in!!!
I’m expecting at least fire trucks and helicopters!?!!


Hey Ben, let her debauch all she wants. What do you care, you'll be fishing! LOL. I'll be going to Outer Banks mid September .
Hope you guys have a great trip.

Reply
Jul 22, 2021 05:39:56   #
bknecht Loc: Northeast pa
 
Ben Bragg wrote:
So me and mrs Bragg are linked up with a 20th anniversary trip to Virginia Beach for 7 days mid September
I swear upon my boat, tackle , truck and every thing holy that she suggested I take a guide trip while we are there !!!!!!!!!
Really big bucket list is to catch a stud red fish and a slot limit fish and take to a local restsraunt for prep.
Big enough share with table we met in line.
Read Chesapeake can do this
Definitely like to take my own gear but that will be a PITA.
Half day is about all I can swing withoutrhe wife cutting me off for 6 months … Again
Does any one in the Va Beach area have recommendations for a guide who’s pretty good.
Been my experience the guides attitude makes it it breaks it regardless of fish caught.
Let me know
So me and mrs Bragg are linked up with a 20th anni... (show quote)

No recommendations for a guide Ben but have a blast and send us the pictures.

Reply
Jul 22, 2021 07:00:26   #
plumbob Loc: New Windsor Maryland
 
Ben Bragg wrote:
Yea your probably right
While I’m catching fish .lord knows what debauchary she will be involved in!!!
I’m expecting at least fire trucks and helicopters!?!!


Sounds fishy to me Ben. Is the mail man on vacation at the same time? Ummmmm

Can't help on the guide request, is that a personal guide or a chartered fishing trip? Either way i would check in with a local for intel.

Reply
 
 
Jul 22, 2021 07:10:00   #
Flytier Loc: Wilmington Delaware
 
Ben Bragg wrote:
So me and mrs Bragg are linked up with a 20th anniversary trip to Virginia Beach for 7 days mid September
I swear upon my boat, tackle , truck and every thing holy that she suggested I take a guide trip while we are there !!!!!!!!!
Really big bucket list is to catch a stud red fish and a slot limit fish and take to a local restsraunt for prep.
Big enough share with table we met in line.
Read Chesapeake can do this
Definitely like to take my own gear but that will be a PITA.
Half day is about all I can swing withoutrhe wife cutting me off for 6 months … Again
Does any one in the Va Beach area have recommendations for a guide who’s pretty good.
Been my experience the guides attitude makes it it breaks it regardless of fish caught.
Let me know
So me and mrs Bragg are linked up with a 20th anni... (show quote)


If I can get hold of him, I know a guy from my fishing club who lives there and is active in local things. I'll check in with him. From my own fishing on the OBX, September is a little earlier than I usually go but the slot fish can be done from beach or boat. The old drum, 40 inch and above may still be in the back water, but the local guide should know where to find them.

Reply
Jul 22, 2021 12:23:02   #
bapabear Loc: Blaine, Washington
 
What's the deal? your wife gives you a fishing trip. My wife gives me a tractor so I can get more work done. Have a great trip.

Reply
Jul 22, 2021 14:15:13   #
BILLBYRD1 Loc: Prattville Al
 
Enjoy the gift.

Reply
Jul 22, 2021 14:58:15   #
bapabear Loc: Blaine, Washington
 
BILLBYRD1 wrote:
Enjoy the gift.


If you are referring to the tractor, my complaint is just kidding. I am like a kid with a new toy. I love the hydraulic grapple. I am getting too old to lift downed logs and stumps. Last year she got me a new pickup. I have been married 49 in September, all to the same great wife. She is not into fishing, but encourages me, even week long trips, while she stays home and quilts. Pretty hard to ask for more.

Reply
Page 1 of 2 next>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Main
FishingStage.com - Forum
Copyright 2018-2021 IDF International Technologies, Inc.