Fishing Stage - Forum
Home Active Topics Newest Pictures Search Login Register
Main
Tips on what to use lure wise in the Sierras
Page 1 of 3 next> last>>
Jun 20, 2021 15:27:52   #
Lil Al Loc: Central Coast California
 
Hello all I'm heading to the Sierras to the June loop area for a 5 day camp fishing trip. I've always been kind of a bait and wait trout fisherman with power bait and mice tails being my go-to baits and I've never really fish for trout using lures so I'm hoping somebody out there can suggest some good lures to purchase to take with me I do have what is called a Mepps killer kit that has about 10 or 12 spinners in it that my dad left me but that's all I have any suggestions would be much appreciated Happy Father's Day to all you fathers out there

Reply
Jun 20, 2021 16:39:26   #
saw1 Loc: nor cal Windsor
 
Lil Al wrote:
Hello all I'm heading to the Sierras to the June loop area for a 5 day camp fishing trip. I've always been kind of a bait and wait trout fisherman with power bait and mice tails being my go-to baits and I've never really fish for trout using lures so I'm hoping somebody out there can suggest some good lures to purchase to take with me I do have what is called a Mepps killer kit that has about 10 or 12 spinners in it that my dad left me but that's all I have any suggestions would be much appreciated Happy Father's Day to all you fathers out there
Hello all I'm heading to the Sierras to the June l... (show quote)


I would add some Panther Martin spinners as well. Rooster Tail spinners are also good. Between those and your Meeps you should have plenty that will work.
Little Rapalas work well sometimes too.

Reply
Jun 20, 2021 16:54:18   #
Lil Al Loc: Central Coast California
 
saw1 wrote:
I would add some Panther Martin spinners as well. Rooster Tail spinners are also good. Between those and your Meeps you should have plenty that will work.
Little Rapalas work well sometimes too.


Panther martins and rapalas will be added to my arsenal saw thank you so much for your input I did find a whole another tackle box dad left me with all kinds of spinners and things like that in it just got to take the time to go through it all thank you again saw hope you're having a great Father's Day

Reply
 
 
Jun 20, 2021 18:06:37   #
saw1 Loc: nor cal Windsor
 
Lil Al wrote:
Panther martins and rapalas will be added to my arsenal saw thank you so much for your input I did find a whole another tackle box dad left me with all kinds of spinners and things like that in it just got to take the time to go through it all thank you again saw hope you're having a great Father's Day


That's great Lil Al. Glad you found that other box. Hope you get a chance to catch some good ones with the new lures. Post some pics when you do.

Reply
Jun 20, 2021 18:19:59   #
Andy cacciatori Loc: Modesto cal.
 
Lil Al wrote:
Hello all I'm heading to the Sierras to the June loop area for a 5 day camp fishing trip. I've always been kind of a bait and wait trout fisherman with power bait and mice tails being my go-to baits and I've never really fish for trout using lures so I'm hoping somebody out there can suggest some good lures to purchase to take with me I do have what is called a Mepps killer kit that has about 10 or 12 spinners in it that my dad left me but that's all I have any suggestions would be much appreciated Happy Father's Day to all you fathers out there
Hello all I'm heading to the Sierras to the June l... (show quote)


Are taking your boat?
Or fish from the bank?
I trolling when I go up their if from the bank I throw super-duper or Thomas buoyant they come in different colors.
We also use the Berkeley power worms 🪱.
If you if you fish Grant only early morning and late afternoon.
Silver lake bubble with a fly.
If you take your boat take two anchor if you bait fish.
Gull lake is my favorite in a boat. Love fishing Grant lake. June lake I love to troll, using a David Davis set up with a flat fish lure.
I love it up their.
If any questions I think you have my ##. Call or text me.
Good luck they have some large Trout in the lakes up their.
Andy. Hope you do well
Have a safe trip

Reply
Jun 20, 2021 18:28:00   #
Lil Al Loc: Central Coast California
 
Hello Andy yes I'm taking my little Crawdad boat it's all electric but we will be fishing from the bank as well that's a lot of good information Andy and I will be hitting every lake you mentioned including the streams between thank you for all the tips and yes I do have your cell number so I might be giving you a call with questions have a great day Andy thanks again

Reply
Jun 20, 2021 18:30:30   #
Lil Al Loc: Central Coast California
 
saw1 wrote:
That's great Lil Al. Glad you found that other box. Hope you get a chance to catch some good ones with the new lures. Post some pics when you do.


Yes sir Saw dad had this tackle box barried deep in the garage after opening it up I see why it's full of all kinds of goodies things that would have caught my eye when I was younger if you know what I mean that's probably why he had it buried LOL looking forward to my trip and posting pictures for you all thanks again Saw

Reply
 
 
Jun 20, 2021 18:33:47   #
Andy cacciatori Loc: Modesto cal.
 
Lil Al wrote:
Hello Andy yes I'm taking my little Crawdad boat it's all electric but we will be fishing from the bank as well that's a lot of good information Andy and I will be hitting every lake you mentioned including the streams between thank you for all the tips and yes I do have your cell number so I might be giving you a call with questions have a great day Andy thanks again

Call any time I have more tips for you to hard to text them all.
Have a great day.

Reply
Jun 20, 2021 18:37:04   #
Lil Al Loc: Central Coast California
 
I totally agree with that Andy I have a hell of a time getting my point across through a text message sometimes LOL have a great day as well definitely will call you more than likely closer towards my trip date which is the 9th or 10th depending on which date Cody my youngest nephew who was going with me can get here

Reply
Jun 20, 2021 18:41:00   #
Andy cacciatori Loc: Modesto cal.
 
Lil Al wrote:
I totally agree with that Andy I have a hell of a time getting my point across through a text message sometimes LOL have a great day as well definitely will call you more than likely closer towards my trip date which is the 9th or 10th depending on which date Cody my youngest nephew who was going with me can get here

Good deal
Going to New Melones
On Friday to hot here last Friday 110deg.!!

Reply
Jun 20, 2021 18:43:08   #
Lil Al Loc: Central Coast California
 
Warming up here too Andy we had 103 the other day low '90s today

Reply
 
 
Jun 20, 2021 18:48:57   #
OJdidit Loc: Oak Creek Wisconsin
 
Good luck!

Reply
Jun 20, 2021 18:53:25   #
Lil Al Loc: Central Coast California
 
OJdidit wrote:
Good luck!


Thank you OJ I am looking very very forward to this adventure

Reply
Jun 20, 2021 21:30:55   #
Spiritof27 Loc: Lincoln, CA
 
Andy cacciatori wrote:
Are taking your boat?
Or fish from the bank?
I trolling when I go up their if from the bank I throw super-duper or Thomas buoyant they come in different colors.
We also use the Berkeley power worms 🪱.
If you if you fish Grant only early morning and late afternoon.
Silver lake bubble with a fly.
If you take your boat take two anchor if you bait fish.
Gull lake is my favorite in a boat. Love fishing Grant lake. June lake I love to troll, using a David Davis set up with a flat fish lure.
I love it up their.
If any questions I think you have my ##. Call or text me.
Good luck they have some large Trout in the lakes up their.
Andy. Hope you do well
Have a safe trip
Are taking your boat? br Or fish from the bank? b... (show quote)


Early in the morning before the sun hits the water that super duper can be super duper.

Reply
Jun 20, 2021 22:22:53   #
Andy cacciatori Loc: Modesto cal.
 
Spiritof27 wrote:
Early in the morning before the sun hits the water that super duper can be super duper.


Caught a lot of trout with that super duper up their
Also if you are taking your small boat in the evening troll Dry flies but use a barrel swivel attach to main line with 24 or 30 inch 2lb test leader line you'll have a ball use no weight 😉!! Your small boat and electric motor.
Andy

Reply
Page 1 of 3 next> last>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
Main
FishingStage.com - Forum
Copyright 2018-2021 IDF International Technologies, Inc.