Fishing Stage - Fishing Forum
Difference in flounder halibut
Page: 1 2 3 next>>
Feb 22, 2021 19:41:18   #
And Marvin Loc: Lawrence, Ks
 
I have caught both, other the their use what is the difference

| Reply
Feb 22, 2021 20:38:39   #
D Tong Loc: San Francisco,Ca
 
I’m trying to figure out what you are asking on your question 🐠could you please clarify

| Reply
Feb 22, 2021 20:43:56   #
Fredfish Loc: Prospect CT.
 
Flounder grow to 20lbs or so, Halibut grow to 500lbs or so. In the Atlantic anyway.

| Reply
 
 
Feb 22, 2021 20:45:09   #
Danger25 Loc: Cape may New Jersey
 
Fredfish wrote:
Flounder grow to 20lbs or so, Halibut grow to 500lbs or so. In the Atlantic anyway.


I see the difference.....

| Reply
Feb 22, 2021 20:54:58   #
Fredfish Loc: Prospect CT.
 
Danger25 wrote:
I see the difference.....


I new you were a sharp kid,Danger.

| Reply
Feb 22, 2021 21:13:07   #
Danger25 Loc: Cape may New Jersey
 
That was an easy one...halibut is almost twice as heavy.

5/3rds of people are bad at math...glad im not one of em...🤓

| Reply
Feb 22, 2021 21:14:11   #
Fredfish Loc: Prospect CT.
 
Danger25 wrote:
That was an easy one...halibut is almost twice as heavy.

5/3rds of people are bad at math...glad im not one of em...🤓




On another topic, aren't you glad you kept your boat covered?

| Reply
 
 
Feb 22, 2021 21:23:26   #
| Reply
Feb 22, 2021 21:24:32   #
Danger25 Loc: Cape may New Jersey
 
Haha...oh yeah....i recall we were discussing the mild January and u i was itching to get that shrink wrap off and play around...you warned me ....you were right....thats why im on here. Think we’re at blizzard number 4 since then.

| Reply
Feb 22, 2021 21:26:53   #
Fredfish Loc: Prospect CT.
 
Danger25 wrote:
Haha...oh yeah....i recall we were discussing the mild January and u i was itching to get that shrink wrap off and play around...you warned me ....you were right....thats why im on here. Think we’re at blizzard number 4 since then.


The only thing worse than shoveling the driveway, is shoveling out the boat.

| Reply
Feb 22, 2021 21:34:44   #
Danger25 Loc: Cape may New Jersey
 
Fredfish wrote:
The only thing worse than shoveling the driveway, is shoveling out the boat.


Ill be happy to just take your word for it...

| Reply
 
 
Feb 22, 2021 21:38:05   #
Fredfish Loc: Prospect CT.
 
Danger25 wrote:
Ill be happy to just take your word for it...



| Reply
Feb 22, 2021 23:26:04   #
Able Man Loc: North Coast (Cleveland, Ohio)
 
Although I was aware that Halibut grow WAY larger than your typical Flounder (What "we" generally refer to as a Flounder...); I was not as well educated about those tasty critters 10 minutes ago, as I am now. ¡Thanks for the link, charlykilo!

| Reply
Feb 23, 2021 07:07:22   #
Big dog Loc: Bayshore, Long Island, New York
 
Fredfish wrote:
Flounder grow to 20lbs or so, Halibut grow to 500lbs or so. In the Atlantic anyway.


That’s one Big flounder !!

| Reply
Feb 23, 2021 08:18:01   #
Able Man Loc: North Coast (Cleveland, Ohio)
 
And Marvin wrote:
I have caught both, other the their use what is the difference


Locate side-by-side photographs through a "web-search" and see the difference in their tails and other fins. Also, there is some "rule" about which way they are pointing, looking at them from the vent side, with their eyeballs up... Although, one or the other (I think the Halibut) doesn't ALWAYS "follow" the rule.

| Reply
Page: 1 2 3 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
FishingStage.com - Forum
Copyright 2018-2021 IDF International Technologies, Inc.