Fishing Stage - Fishing Forum
Ice fishing today
Page: 1 2 3 next>>
Jan 10, 2021 19:55:20   #
Egghead Loc: Rock Springs Wyoming
 
Well, I caught 8 pups today, released em all so no pictures of fish. Was a beautiful morning no wind and -5 degrees. She's making ice. Took a couple pictures for ya. Was in the firehole canyon area of the gorge.











| Reply
Jan 10, 2021 20:08:09   #
plumbob Loc: New Windsor Maryland
 
And here i thought i was cold. I will wait for spring after seeing this. Good pics Egg. Thanks

| Reply
Jan 10, 2021 20:13:01   #
Gordon Loc: Charleston South Carolina
 
Its 42 here and I'm going to stop winning about being cold. I'd like to try that once in my life. I think.

| Reply
 
 
Jan 10, 2021 20:17:46   #
D Ryb Loc: New england
 
Egghead wrote:
Well, I caught 8 pups today, released em all so no pictures of fish. Was a beautiful morning no wind and -5 degrees. She's making ice. Took a couple pictures for ya. Was in the firehole canyon area of the gorge.


Looks like a great place to fish

| Reply
Jan 10, 2021 20:21:45   #
D Ryb Loc: New england
 
I fish small ponds in ct a lot of fun for lgmbass

| Reply
Jan 10, 2021 20:24:40   #
OJdidit Loc: Oak Creek Wisconsin
 
Nice pics Egg,
We just barely started to get cold when it snowed so the local ice sucks. We had possibly an inch of ice locally, then had 8” of snow dumped on it to insulate it. Lots of slush , so I will wait a while.

| Reply
Jan 10, 2021 20:28:38   #
flyguy Loc: So. Padre Island, TX. 1 & 2, & S.E. MN. 3-12
 
OJdidit wrote:
Nice pics Egg,
We just barely started to get cold when it snowed so the local ice sucks. We had possibly an inch of ice locally, then had 8” of snow dumped on it to insulate it. Lots of slush , so I will wait a while.


A good idea, OJ!!!!

| Reply
 
 
Jan 10, 2021 20:29:21   #
flyguy Loc: So. Padre Island, TX. 1 & 2, & S.E. MN. 3-12
 
Egghead wrote:
Well, I caught 8 pups today, released em all so no pictures of fish. Was a beautiful morning no wind and -5 degrees. She's making ice. Took a couple pictures for ya. Was in the firehole canyon area of the gorge.


Thanks for sharing, Egg.

| Reply
Jan 10, 2021 20:37:08   #
saw1 Loc: nor cal Windsor
 
Egghead wrote:
Well, I caught 8 pups today, released em all so no pictures of fish. Was a beautiful morning no wind and -5 degrees. She's making ice. Took a couple pictures for ya. Was in the firehole canyon area of the gorge.


Kinda like Arizona is a dry heat. Well Wyoming is a dry cold. Not like cold wet fog.

| Reply
Jan 10, 2021 21:12:17   #
FinFisherman Loc: Born in Ohio - 40 yrs Florida- Clearwater,Fl
 
Gordon wrote:
Its 42 here and I'm going to stop winning about being cold. I'd like to try that once in my life. I think.


Gordon I tried ice fishing twice! My feet were so cold after an hour and a half the first time I quite. Figuring I didn't give ice fishing a fair chance. I decided to try it again. This time I put on my hockey skates to keep my feet off the ice. Well that worked but after 3 hours and not a single fish I decided I wasn't an ice fisherman. Try it you might like it but not me.

| Reply
Jan 10, 2021 21:15:59   #
Gordon Loc: Charleston South Carolina
 
FinFisherman wrote:
Gordon I tried ice fishing twice! My feet were so cold after an hour and a half the first time I quite. Figuring I didn't give ice fishing a fair chance. I decided to try it again. This time I put on my hockey skates to keep my feet off the ice. Well that worked but after 3 hours and not a single fish I decided I wasn't an ice fisherman. Try it you might like it but not me.


Fin, I will definitely keep that in mind. I do hate cold.

| Reply
 
 
Jan 10, 2021 21:17:58   #
Egghead Loc: Rock Springs Wyoming
 
saw1 wrote:
Kinda like Arizona is a dry heat. Well Wyoming is a dry cold. Not like cold wet fog.


Ummmm, it was foggy this morning.lol. but with no wind it was nice. I wore my float gear to get out there but took it off before drilling holes. Ran the heater until the sun came up, didn't need it after that. Got to fish two days in a row.lol. life is good again.🤗🤪

| Reply
Jan 10, 2021 21:22:34   #
Iowa Farmer Loc: Iowa City Iowa
 
Egghead wrote:
Well, I caught 8 pups today, released em all so no pictures of fish. Was a beautiful morning no wind and -5 degrees. She's making ice. Took a couple pictures for ya. Was in the firehole canyon area of the gorge.


I went out on my pond for a while yesterday, 6 inches of ice under 6 inches of snow. Only drilled 4 holes, never got a bite. Still got me out of the house, so still a winner.

| Reply
Jan 10, 2021 21:25:55   #
Spiritof27 Loc: Lincoln, CA
 
Egghead wrote:
Ummmm, it was foggy this morning.lol. but with no wind it was nice. I wore my float gear to get out there but took it off before drilling holes. Ran the heater until the sun came up, didn't need it after that. Got to fish two days in a row.lol. life is good again.🤗🤪


What do you consider a pup, and what's a keeper? Or do you keep any of em? I've seen some of your catches. Impressive buddy.

| Reply
Jan 10, 2021 21:47:49   #
FinFisherman Loc: Born in Ohio - 40 yrs Florida- Clearwater,Fl
 
Gordon wrote:
Fin, I will definitely keep that in mind. I do hate cold.


I know what your saying. Don't know if it's age or if my blood got thin in Fl but now if it gets below 50 I freeze up nose runs fingers and toes don't work so I stay in.

| Reply
Page: 1 2 3 next>>
If you want to reply, then register here. Registration is free and your account is created instantly, so you can post right away.
FishingStage.com - Forum
Copyright 2018-2021 IDF International Technologies, Inc.